(Did you buy that bird feeder or build it in your basement shop?)

Actually I just designed it. I'm not really good at woodworking. My design was specifically to make it a hassel for pidgins which if left unchecked will empty a 3 gallon feeder in 2 days flat. The land is very small, the glass on both sides is sloped up/out, and the overhang is generous. Pidgins that want some have to grab the land and flap continuously to keep themselves pressed against the glass to grab a beakfull because their physical size places their center of gravity off the land. If they're that hungry that's fine by me, sometimes I do see one getting a workout for a mouthful of seed, but nothing like it was before with 2-3 on each side for hours at a time.

All the other birds (except crows) have no problem landing for food. The squirrels hang from above and eat upside-down. My next battle is trying to keep out the earwigs.

Sears is probably your best local tool source even if its not convenient. A few of their hand tools are decent, though I've actually flat out worn out several of their T6 and PH00

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department