Thanks for you input.

> 3) everyone that works on computers should have a good set of precision tools. This is my personal favorite: Wiha #75992 It's not extremely cheap, but you WILL get your money's worth out of it.

Droool!!!

I prefer to buy quality in all aspects of my life, but most tools I buy are pretty much single-use items and don't warrant the expenditure.

I did take my enclosure apart, though, to ensure that I wasn't about to run into any unforeseen issues (PATA/SATA included), and I discovered that the only tool I need is a #1 Phillips, so I'll supplement my kinda chewed up one with a high quality new one (since a #1 Phillips is the tool for working on the user-serviceable parts of my MacBook, too).

By the way... After reacting to your statement that all your drives seem to be morphing into WDs I decided on a Hitachi, because, after 10 cumulative years of good experience with them in four different devices, sticking with a known winner seemed to be the way to go.

Can that... After comparing the (Newegg.com) reviews garnered by the Hitachi I intended to buy with those garnered by this WD (particularly those posted in the last 6 months) I've decided to go with the WD for the exact same price! smile

[aside]

Speaking of cheap tools, I bought a $0.99 (Yep... 99¢) rip saw a coupl'a months ago, not because I had the least bit of need for it, but because I couldn't resist the price...never saw one before...haven't seen another since.

[/aside]

Thanks again. smile

Last edited by artie505; 05/06/10 10:34 AM. Reason: Can that...

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire