I've outgrown my G-Drive mini - 120Gb/FW 400/FW 800/USB 2.0 - and the logical thing to do seems to be to put a new HD into the enclosure, but before I rush in where wise men fear to tread, a few questions...
  1. I've read any number of threads that have dealt with dead/dying HDs, but I've no recollection of ever reading about a terminally ill enclosure.
    Mine is almost 2 1/2 years old, is out of warrantee, and has never exhibited any issues; is it worth the upgrade?
  2. Is anybody aware of any installation complications or, even worse, pitfalls peculiar to this enclosure that I need to know about in advance?
  3. I've got the phillips-head screwdriver I need to get the enclosure open, but beyond seeing that I also need a pretty small torque-wrench with which to unseat the HD I've got no idea what other tools I may need; can anybody fill me in?
  4. And last, but far from least... I can't figure out which, if either, of the two 320Gb/5400RPM HDs pictured here will work with my enclosure which has 6 torque screws, NOT rivets, holding its cover on/it in place. (The 5K320 looks right, but the images are not all that clear.)
Many thanks for any assistance, input, suggestions,...

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire