Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

Quote:
...even on a really dry day a defrosting Mac's "Liquid Submersion Indicator" would likely be affected by condensation from the defrosting, and its warrantee would be voided...

Not so, if the information relayed from unnamed Apple sources by a University of Hawaii computer technician is correct: "these indicators are 'very accurate' and 'will not be affected by humidity or environmental factors,' so customers should not have to worry about false readings."

Pluswhich, your MacBook's minimum storage temperature is -13º F...so you'd think the LSI would have to have a reasonably high threshold of moisture tolerance before being "tripped."

Out of necessity I must assume that none of that relates to the present discussion because of what I'll call a "consistency factor."

The amount of moisture that condenses on anything I take out of my freezer on even an average temp/relative humidity day in NYC (forget altogether about the 90/90 days of August) far exceeds the amount of moisture that would normally be affecting a Liquid Submersion Indicator at the exact same moment, and I'll guess that it also far exceeds the amount of moisture in the air pretty much anywhere in the world. I'll also guess that moisture in the air - humidity - most likely does not affect an LSI the same way that an equal amount of condensate affects it.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire