Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
For example, hit the Tab key in a TextEdit document. Now hit Option-Tab, or Control-Option-Tab. Same behavior as the plain Tab key, right? But Control-Tab does nothing. crazy

That's not the way it works in TextEdit 1.5 on my deuced Mac(hina) running 10.5.8...

When I hit option-tab the first time it inserts a dash (Well, it looks like a dash, but it's shorter, not on my keyboard, and not displayed when I hit "option" with Keyboard Viewer open.) within the space demarcated by the stop.

When I hit it again...same line, it inserts an (multiple) un-dashed stop(s) before the initial stop (whereas hitting tab inserts un-dashed stops after the initial stop).

If I've already inserted a coupl'a un-dashed stops and hit it...same line, it deletes the last stop I've entered and replaces the first one with a dashed stop.

If I've got a dashed stop in a line and I hit "return," the next line replicates the preceding line up to the dash, and hitting return again (multiple times) clears the dash (and preceding stops) and leaves my cursor at the start of the line, after which "return" acts as expected.

Also, if I delete a line with a dashed stop and hit option-tab, the line is recreated up to the dashed stop.

Those are all the combos I've thought to try. confused crazy

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire