I wonder if this will mean anything to anybody in the context of my previously posted issues...

I just spent around five hair-tearing hours testing an unreleased beta of backuplist+, a front-end for rsync, and a brand-spanking-new issue temporarily reared its ugly head because, I suspect, of the temperature-raising workout I was giving my deuced Mac(hina). (Note that this happened only when I booted into my main volume, not when I booted into either my external HD or my flash drive.)

After the "gear-wheel" stopped spinning, but before my desktop appeared, for a brief moment my screen displayed four alternating, top to bottom, vertical color bands (of equal width), blue - gray - blue - gray, that covered the entire width of the screen, with two short horizontal bars, the longer of which was solid and the shorter of which was dashed (both long and short segments), (Edit) in the middle of the right side of the screen. This was reproducible until (I'm guessing) my Mac cooled down.

Does that, in any way, shape or form, fit into the scenario with which I've been dealing for the past 6 months?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by artie505; 04/17/10 05:53 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire