Nicely and clearly written; thanks.

> While, some devices can use either band and the later generation Time Capsule and Airport Extreme Base stations are capable of operating in both bands at the same time, most WiFi devices, including the iPhone and iPod Touch, are only capable of using the 2.4GHz band.

Will my interference maybe disappear if I switch from my AirPort Express BS to an Extreme (Not likely to happen $-wise.) and use the 5GHz band, or does my AirPort card (AirPort Extreme [0x14E4, 0x8E]) mandate the use of the 2.4GHz band for AirTunes?

(Edit: From my MacBook's specs here: "Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible")

At any rate:

Interference robustness did not mitigate my dropout problem. (IR turned itself off constantly when it was an option in the AirPort drop-down menu but appears to be stable now that it's been relocated to the AirPort Utility GUI.)

Also, an easy Base Station relocation was not helpful. (I've got one more option, but I don't look forward to the cable relocation job, so the next update will not come as quickly as did this one.)

Last edited by artie505; 08/12/09 08:33 AM. Reason: Edit

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire