imac 300HD 4 Gb ram TTP D/W tinkertool.

[Like ryck] I too was having problems with my email, [and] I previously posted that my imac was running slow so like ryck, I ran D/W, TTP, deleted all languages in tinkertool.
D/W told me that there were several property list data could not be repaired along with some others. I noticed that all these files were located in 2 recovered file folders. I deleted them and ran D/W again and that solved that.

However my email problem still persisted (I wasn't receiving any mail that was sent when my computer was off. If someone sent an email whilst I was using it, then I received them.) I phoned my mail server and the first 2 technicians couldn't find out why. The third one was conversant with macs and after adjusting my mail settings, sent me a test email which of course I received.

He then suggested I shut down and he would send me another email which did not come through. He checked at his end about missing emails and told me that someone was receiving them. He had never heard of such a problem and said whoever was receiving them must be using the same password which I thought should be impossible unless like he thought, someone was intercepting them by whatever means. He said to change my password which we did and since then, my emails are coming through.

I mention this [possibly related email issue] in case someone else may encounter the same problem.
jaybass

Last edited by alternaut; 03/20/10 04:11 PM. Reason: Emphasizing similarities and differences with OP

OS 13.6.6 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4. SuperDuper. 1 TB Lacie HD