My mail program was acting goofy so I thought I'd do a quick check of my drive. From a second bootable drive I ran Disk Utility and then Disk Warrior. I got the following reports but not a rebuilt directory.

Disk: "Macintosh HD" The Property List data was checked in 12,685 files. The Resource Data was checked in 14,700 files. The maximum Folder Depth on this disk is 23. This does not exceed the maximum recommended depth. The System Symbolic Link Files were checked and no problems were found. Location: "Desktop"

File: "Localized.rsrc" Detected that the resource header is damaged and cannot be repaired Location: "Macintosh HD/Applications/StuffIt 11/DropStuff.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/"

File: "com.apple.iphotomosaic.plist" Detected that Property List data is damaged and cannot be repaired. Conversion of string failed. The string is empty. Location: "Macintosh HD/Users/douglasinglis/Library/Preferences/"

File: ".a23t.mk4e.plist" Detected that Property List data is damaged and cannot be repaired. Unexpected character at line 1 Location: "Macintosh HD/Users/Beverley/Library/Preferences/"

For the Stuffit file, I used CleanApp to remove everything Stuffit to the trash and then moved only the applications back from the Trash to the Applications folder.

For the iPhotomosaic file, I simply moved the plist to the Trash. I wasn't too worried about this one as it always says that.

The ".a23t.mk4e.plist" was the head scratcher. I opened the other account and couldn't find it. Even a Spotlight search couldn't locate it.

I returned to my account and re-ran DiskWarrior using the Scavenge function and everything came up roses. However it would be interesting to know what the ".a23t.mk4e.plist" file could have been and why I wouldn't be able to locate it.

ryck

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C