Sorry for being slow getting back to you.

Correction, clarification, update...

It is not the MBP that can get into the site; it's a PowerBook G4.

The blind URL I posted is that of the security system's login page, which I can get into; the URL of the target page, the one that displays the camera images and controls, which I cannot get into, is http://##.##.##.##:100/home.cgi.

Macs and OS X and browser versions that can and cannot get into the target page:
  1. PowerBook G4/10.3.9/Max version of Safari: Yes
  2. iBook G4/10.4.11/Safari 4.04: No
  3. iBook G4/10.4.11/Explorer 5.5: Yes
  4. MacBook/10.5.7/Safari 3.2.3: No
  5. MacBook/10.5.7/Firefox 3.5.5: Yes
  6. MacBook (booted from flash drive)/10.6.2/Safari 4.0.4: No
  7. MacBook (booted from flash drive)/10.6.2/Safari 4.0.5: No
> Can you talk to the owner of the security site and find out if he can put up a simple page on port 80? If you can reach that but not the security feed on port 100, that would be very informative.

If only I could frown ...

My friend bought the system from some guys he met at a trade show, I've no idea if they have, or ever had, a storefront, and when I asked for their phone number over the summer it could not be found; likewise the user's guide which my friend took upstairs to read two years ago and hasn't been seen since. Aaaargh!!!

The system is PC based with only view access and minimal control functionality available from a Mac, and my best guess is I'd bet that the box in the back of the store is the server I'm trying to access.

Is any of that even the least bit helpful?

Thanks.

Last edited by artie505; 03/14/10 12:22 PM. Reason: [s][/s]

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire