Thanks to all for the input about the 7200 drive. The 320 7200 is fine for now since I have the terrabyte backup and will have FW 800 so I can off-load files I'm not working on. My experience is drives are run into the ground within two years (I don't let them spin-down presently because because it messes up my system for some reason, maybe interferes with croning, maybe it won't be true with the new computer.) I know how to swap drives, maybe the new case makes it more difficult, but like I said, they don't last anyway. Third party memory is a good idea, too. I have bought superdrives and memory from Other World and been very happy with the exception of one tech issue only Tacit could solve! I should qualify why I needed more than one superdrive replacement to begin with because it may be useful to know: It seems that because of the slot loading, if there is a nasty enough piece of nastiness that gets in the drive and gets stuck, it grinds the disks in such a way that it takes out entire tracks and does the worst type of destruction, exactly how they tell you not to wipe a disk, circular.

I never thought about getting a 17 inch. I do drag it around a little bit to show someone something, I don't work on the road or anything. When I had my first ci I had a 15 and a 13 next to it for toolboxes and such. It was nice. I do work on some big stuff, but dragging around a 17"? Hmmmm.... No room for a separate monitor though... Could be added later? Must think about this.

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air