So, my G4 Titanium from 2002, with it's 4th hard drive and 3rd superdrive will be hitting eBay soon. I've hit the wall speed-wise because of so much internet backgrounding processes I guess.

I will be getting a 15" MacBook Pro and Adobe CS4. I can't wait for CS5 to ship and I've been advised (I guess really reminded) that the first version that ships of any major upgrade is really a glorified beta, so I'll wait. I will have a separate posting about which CS package I should get.

Hardware: The 320 HD is fine, does 5400 vs. 7200 make a big speed difference? I can't see where the 2.53 vs. 2.66 processor speed makes any difference whatsoever. The RAM upgrade price is ridiculous, so that's as is. So I guess the *9600M GT with 256MB* is a graphics card. Is it something I can add later if I decide to get into video? I mean, is it expensive by itself or I can't install it myself? (I replaced both drives in my G4 myself.) I am mostly print but I want to try Flash and doing some web stuff. Maybe video, not interested right now but don't want to be limited later.

Printer: Alas, Slolerner is using an AsanteTalk Localtalk to Ethernet Bridge with a Laserwriter 4/600 that is a workhorse and I'd like to keep using it. I don't even know if Snow Leopard 'does' Localtalk. The only other perif I have besides the new backup drive listed below is a CanoScan 9950F which I also like a lot. My iSight camera should be fine, right?

Is there anything else I should be thinking about? Thanks for any input. I am really looking forward to using FW800!

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13"
2.4GHz, 750GB SATA HD, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.5
1 HDX1500 2TB Ext.HD, 2 HDX1500 1TB Ext.HD
HP Laserjet 6MP printing postscript via 10/100 Intel print server
Netgear WN2500RP Range Extender (Ira rocks!)
Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router
Brother MFC-9340CDW Color Laser
iPad Air