Not sure where this fits, as it cuts across peripherals, OS and Applications. Since I will be trying something new to me, I put it here. Besides, this forum needs a new topic every three or four months, even if I have to supply it. wink

I’m considering one of the Vantec IDE to USB enclosures on this page for my old hard drive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...archResult=True

Curiously, one mentions that it is compatible with Windows and OSX, and the other doesn’t. I wouldn’t think that matters, as long as the connections are right. (?) It seems like the only differences are color and price!

Now, my questions:
Can I put my old drive in one of these, and leave OS9 on it and then be able to boot from it and run OS9 while still having my main drive with OSX Leopard on it?
If I find an old AW file I want to convert to Word or Excel, will I be able to save it in the proper format and then move it to my OSX hard drive?
Then can I also use the now external drive with OS9 on it as my back up drive to use with Time Machine? If so, do I have to do anything else to the external to make that happen?

I have a few games on CDs that I’d mess with once in awhile if I can get them to install on the old drive before removing it from my G3.