Originally Posted By: ganbustein
Just so you'll know: that's apparently the only checksum for ARDAgent, even though I'm now on 10.6.2:

find /var/db/receipts -name '*.plist' | while read x; do defaults read "${x%%.plist}" | grep ARDAgent && echo $VT_BOLD$x$VT_NORMAL; done
"System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" = <cffc33a1 b351a828 36c2b44a cd7a6f00 033893c3>;
/var/db/receipts/com.apple.pkg.Essentials.plist

In /var/db/receipts, next to each packagename.plist is the corresponding packagename.bom, which is presumably where the raw permissions can be found. There are no other files in the folder; that is, nothing like a.receiptsdb.

Hey gang, i need some help with Snowy... and ganbustein appears to be on another extended leave (last post was before Thanksgiving 2009, both here and macosxhints). I'm still holding off on 10.6 until it comes pre-installed on my new MacBook Pro (due to be announced tomorrow?), so could any Snow Leopard user kindly run these three commands for me please:

Code:
ls -Orbitlake /Volumes

find /var/db/receipts -name '*.bom' |
while read x; do if lsbom -p MUGsf "$x" |
grep '/Volumes$'; then echo "$x"; echo; fi; done

find /var/db/receipts -name '*.plist' |
while read x; do defaults read "${x%%.plist}" | 
grep '/Volumes$' && echo "$x"; done

I'm investigating an odd ACL on the /Volumes folder (which has appeared in only a few macosxhints forums so far), and i'm trying to determine first of all where it's coming from (or at least where it's *not*).

TIA.

edit: note that those commands just read info... no changes happen to your disk.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 02/22/10 09:13 PM.