Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
How do you get into The Lounge? Do you have a specific bookmark for The Lounge, or do you start from the main page and "tab" [tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ...] your way down? smile

I don't have The Lounge bookmarked, but I do have a bookmark for Active Topics : Past 24 hours - FineTunedMac. Just for fun, I'll outline the steps involved in accessing it without using the mouse:
  1. Type command-option-B to invoke Show All Bookmarks.
  2. Hit tab until an item in the Collections column becomes selected.
  3. Use the up or down arrows to select the Bookmarks Bar item. (A list of Bookmarks Bar items is now displayed in the main column.)
  4. Hit tab until an item in the list of Bookmark Bar items becomes selected.
  5. Use the up or down arrows to navigate to the FTM folder.
  6. Use the right arrow to expand the FTM folder, revealing its contents.
  7. Use the down arrow to navigate to the Active Topics : Past 24 hours - FineTunedMac bookmark.
  8. Type command-down arrow to open the link.
What complicates this procedure even more is that, as with many apps, Safari remembers state in the Show All Bookmarks window, so the specific steps involved are likely to be different each time, depending on how things were left the previous time.

My suspicion is that artie uses a launcher or the like to access bookmarks. (In fact, I found it much simpler to open the bookmark described above by simply hitting command-spacebar, typing "Active Topics," and—since this bookmark happened to be the Top Hit—using the down arrow to select it and hitting Return to open it.)

Still, using the mouse for the simple two-step procedure of clicking on the FTM folder in Safari's toolbar and choosing Active Topics : Past 24 hours - FineTunedMac from the dropdown menu seems at least a magnitude or two simpler.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors