Originally Posted By: artie505
To be honest, I never realized that the SnapBack "button" was a button; in my "keyboard-centricity" I took it as no more than a visual indication of the function's implementation. (I'd settle for the keyboard functionality without the eye-candy, but...)

I don't see how anyone's "workflow" in a browser like Safari could be so dependent on the keyboard. Sure, i use ⌘[ and ⌘T often enough (as well as the spacebar and shift-space, for paging down/up). But most browsing involves the trackpad/mouse for navigation. How do you get into The Lounge? Do you have a specific bookmark for The Lounge, or do you start from the main page and "tab" [tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ...] your way down? smile Manually clicking a link is so basic, i don't see how your focus can remain fixed on the keyboard for any length of time.

Buttons (and, especially useful: menus) on the Bookmarks Bar... how do you access those via keyboard? Seems like this infatuation with snapback may be part of an overall accumulation of bad eccentric habits. I'd really like to observe a typical hour in your web travels... to experience its unique methods of conveyance. [Not exactly the epitome of efficiency i'm guessing. -- Else, perhaps the trackpad/mouse is more central than previously claimed.]

>>> WHY is SnapBack gone?

WHY are so few users even mentioning its “disappearance” (let alone lamenting its “loss”)?

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 02/12/10 10:38 PM. Reason: fixed my inaccurate nomenclature (once again)