Quote:
I think it's 100% unlikely that they got negative feedback about SnapBack...

> Whence comes such certainty?

From not having typed my complete thought, i.e. having omitted "overwhelming, even substantial."

> [...] I think it's likely that the elimination of SnapBack and its associated code was done in order to accommodate the relocation of the Reload/Stop button and Progress indicator to the right-hand end of the Address field.

[....] But if you stipulate to the relocation, then it's easy to see that the presence of the SnapBack button there as well would require an untenably complex set of user interface procedures of the sort which are anathema to the Apple design philosophy.

After booting into SL and taking a closer look at Safari 4 I now understand that.

To be honest, I never realized that the SnapBack "button" was a button; in my "keyboard-centricity" I took it as no more than a visual indication of the function's implementation. (I'd settle for the keyboard functionality without the eye-candy, but...)

Thanks for your observations and insights; they at least clarify the issue, even if they don't make it the least bit palatable.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire