Quote:
I haven't tried the "menu method," because I wasn't aware of it, and now that I am, I'm not certain how it works; I'm open to change, and clarification will be appreciated and may even be catalytic.

Hal should have said, "I use the drop down menu (off the back-arrow button)"; you ought to be aware of it, since it was mentioned in the the very post you linked to. (Your take on it then: "Hmmm... I don't know about much better, but I'll play with it; thanks for the thought.")

Quote:
Clarification, please... Is Safari 4's "slightly different snapback feature" a new feature or merely a resurgence of a Safari 2 feature that was perhaps meant to have been upstaged by SnapBack.

Actually, pretty much every modern general-purpose browser for the Mac allows you to click-and-hold on the Back button to display a navigation menu comprised of all previous pages which have been loaded in the tab you're in (or window, if you're not using tabs).

I can't speak for when this feature was introduced or when it became universal, but it's available in all the browsers I have easily at hand (Safari 4, Camino 2, Firefox 3.5, iCab 4, OmniWeb 5.9).

Last edited by dkmarsh; 02/07/10 05:42 PM. Reason: Added OmniWeb 5.9. to the list.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors