Originally Posted By: artie505
Sounds like you're playing in a higher stakes game than the one I'm in...

First, I haven't noticed a whole lot of posters who are still running Tiger and earlier versions of OS X, let alone 10.5.7, falling victim to the vulnerabilities patched by the Security Updates they've failed to install.

And second, I do not visit untrustworthy websites; my Safaris do not take me into the lawless areas of the web, so I do not consider myself sufficiently at risk to need to downgrade my computing experience in order to upgrade my security.

All perfectly good rationalizations (except for implying i visit lawless websites), but you're taking it too personally. I'm just trying to encourage all readers (you and others) to adopt the healthy practice of keeping current with OS versions and security updates.

I assume you mean here?

I'm afraid you're universalizing your computing habits, Hal...

Maybe you don't need SnapBack very often, but I need and use it a lot...it's something I'll not live without before it becomes overwhelmingly necessary that I do so.

I use the drop down menu (off the back-arrow key) to "snapback" several times a day. Have you even tried the menu method yet? [it's hard to tell, but it doesn't sound as if you have. The difference is so minuscule that there's no way you would get this worked up about it.] EDIT: either way, your pronouncement that Safari 4 has "NO" snapback is simply inaccurate. It has a slightly different snapback feature, that's all.

I'm not certain of the significance of your links, but I have neither iPhone nor any use for or intention of getting an iPad.

Besides being blissfully unaware of which thread you've posted in, you are missing out on some fun technology. [i don't have an iPhone, but my iPod does have Wi-Fi... so i can browse and get info from the web when i'm out and about (if a network is available). It's nice (not to mention having over 5000 of my favorite songs in my pocket). And that "Star Walk" app i posted on page one is just amazing, when gazing up at the night sky and wondering what the heck i'm looking at.]

idunno, that iPad looks awfully tempting.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 02/06/10 06:15 PM.