Quote:
...I haven't noticed a whole lot of posters who are still running Tiger and earlier versions of OS X, let alone 10.5.7, falling victim to the vulnerabilities patched by the Security Updates they've failed to install.

How many posters running any version of OS X have you noticed falling victim to the vulnerabilities patched by Security Updates they've failed to install?

Quote:
I do not visit untrustworthy websites...

How would you know in advance to avoid, say, a "trustworthy" site which had been compromised?

Quote:
...I suppose Apple has imposed on the world what IT, in its imperial wisdom, thinks is better...

But Safari itself is an Apple product, which you seem happy to use as long as its feaure set is to your liking.

Since anecdotal evidence suggests that the vast majority of Safari users are untroubled by the loss of SnapBack—if, indeed, they ever used it or even knew it existed—equating the ongoing evolution of the product with corporate arrogance because your preference is no longer being served seems a tad arrogant in its own right.

Quote:
I'm not certain of the significance of your links, but I have neither iPhone nor any use for or intention of getting an iPad.

Well, Hal did say "And speaking of security, let's tie this back to the iPad," and the title of the thread is iPad.

The fact that Hal's post was made in reply to you doesn't mean that all of it was aimed at you. (Some might say that to believe so is, well, hubristic!)

Long-time MFIF/FTM members understand that you prefer to make separate replies to each individual poster to whom you're responding, but I think a majority of posters are inclined to address points touched on by multiple posters in a single reply, and I think Hal was simply attempting to return the thread to its original topic, on behalf of the nine other participants.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors