> I'll see your Safari 4.0.4 -- and raise you one Security Update (2010-001). [plus any future security update, which will also require 10.5.8 (or higher).]

Sounds like you're playing in a higher stakes game than the one I'm in...

First, I haven't noticed a whole lot of posters who are still running Tiger and earlier versions of OS X, let alone 10.5.7, falling victim to the vulnerabilities patched by the Security Updates they've failed to install.

And second, I do not visit untrustworthy websites; my Safaris do not take me into the lawless areas of the web, so I do not consider myself sufficiently at risk to need to downgrade my computing experience in order to upgrade my security.

> [Snapback, really? The functionality still exists in v.4 (as explained in another thread), but... it's not something needed very often. Anyway, it's still there artie... in fact, better because we can choose the best level to snap back to on the fly (i.e., without needing to "plan" ahead).]

I assume you mean here?

I'm afraid you're universalizing your computing habits, Hal...

Maybe you don't need SnapBack very often, but I need and use it a lot...it's something I'll not live without before it becomes overwhelmingly necessary that I do so.

And as for "better," I suppose Apple has imposed on the world what IT, in its imperial wisdom, thinks is better, but I hadn't realized that hubris is an ITD (Internet Transmitted Disease) that you've caught.

> And speaking of security [....]

I'm not certain of the significance of your links, but I have neither iPhone nor any use for or intention of getting an iPad.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire