I recently bought a Garmin 765T GPS because of pretty good reviews. Cannot say that I like it a lot because it can make mistakes or drop satellite connection. However, I have no problem hooking it up with my MBP (see below). The connection is OK and it communicates seamlessly with their web-based updater that you have to download. It recognizes the unit and does the update if necessary. This unit comes with lifetime map updates, so there is no need to pay or anything. Details of the web updater can be found here: http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp
BTW, the model you are contemplating also has very solid reviews; it is just not that advanced as mine. But most folks agree that it does the job well. I would only recommend to buy a separate stand for it because what they provide is a sticker that may be visible and tell the thieves that car may have a GPS inside. The heavy stand sits well (Unless you brake real hard!) and is easily removed. I got mine from Amazon.

Alex
3.1 GHz 13" MacBook Pro 2015, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, TimeWarner Cable
2.8 GHz Xeon Mac Pro 2010, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, LAN