I love when people put words in my mouth.

These are my original points:

1). Having no Flash support and no multitasking is a technological limitation, and does not make the iPad a revolutionary, "magical," transformational device that does web surfing better than a smartphone.

2). DRM is bad for users as it limits their choice. The iPad is a DRM vending machine.

This has nothing to do with sales. I never, at any point projected success or failure of this device from a sales perspective. Granted, a non-scientific poll at Ars seems to back up my claim that missing Flash bothers a lot of people. But it's non-scientific, and Ars readers tend to be more inclined to think critically and value their freedoms.

Sure, Apple may sell a million iPads. That has absolutely zero bearing on whether the device is a technological milestone that redefines a product category and offers heretofore unseen features.

Hell, Apple will probably sell at least 100K units to people that have to have the latest and greatest Apple product just because they buy into the "Apple lifestyle" marketing ploys.

"This device has some pretty big limitations, and the DRM involved is pretty abhorrent," does not mean I am saying, "This device will be a commercial failure."

I never said Apple's market share would grow or shrink.

I never said, "Apple does not play any role in the mobile device market." I said that their figures were skewed. Mobile device market analysts are also puzzled by Apple's claims.

I never said, "Flash is a great content delivery platform."

I get it. You like Apple. I didn't expect much different from a forum like this. But has that so clouded your vision that you have to defend everything they do, even if you have to invent arguments from my mouth to do it?