Originally Posted By: mneptok
Yes, but the iPad is not a mobile phone nor a music player. Take a look at the survey Ars Technica is running today. The current breakdown:

I'm interested in the iPad and I do not want Flash support 20% (3,326 votes)
I'm interested in the iPad and I do want Flash support 30% (5,194 votes)
I'm interested in the iPad and I don't care either way 12% (1,963 votes)
I'm not interested in the iPad but I would if it had Flash 20% (3,393 votes)
I'm not interested in the iPad and I still wouldn't be, even if it had Flash 13% (2,283 votes)
I am not interested in the iPad and I don't care either way 5% (888 votes)

So, currently 32% of people are interested in the iPad, and either don't want or don't care about Flash support.

50% of respondents are interested in the iPad and want Flash support, or would be interested if the iPad supported Flash.

Although not scientific, this poll makes it clear that people care about this subject. What they will tolerate on a mobile phone is not necessarily what they will tolerate on a device Apple is marketing as a transformational way of viewing the web.

Quote:
Apple is the largest supplier of *mobile* devices in the world. Bigger than Sony, Nokia, Palm, etc.

Apple is pretty fast and loose with numbers as regards this. They count laptops as "mobile devices" to get those numbers. They also define "largest supplier" by revenue. If you use the traditional, well-accepted definition of "mobile devices," and the more accepted metric of "total number of devices sold,' then Nokia is still in the lead by a large margin. Something Nokia addressed today.

Just 'cause Steve said it doesn't make it so. smile

You're right.
The iPad is doomed.
Apple is doomed.
Doomed i say!

So why do you care? grin

[Nokia? Gimme a break. They could fall off the face of the Earth today, it wouldn't matter one whit.]