While i agree that 100% of what you said is indeed factual, you might as well concede that over 50% of "people" ranging from geeks to technophobes (and -- by definition -- 100% of the target demographic) simply don't care. To them, none of what you said matters. Personally, i don't know what Hulu is, but -- if it's something that i discover to be worthwhile -- i'll always have a MacBook Pro (or some sort of 'real' computer) with which to access whatever it offers. I'm no fan of Flash... and it appears to be dying anyway.

I agree: the iPad is -- for the most part -- nothing more than a glorified iPod. [i'm thrilled with my iPod btw.] But the touch-and-lick-ability of the iPad will prove (i predict) to be irresistible to just plain folk: health club managers, real estate agents, plumbers, grandparents, kids, etc., etc., as a sort of "appliance". Not a real computer that does everything, but a simple device that does a few useful things... and looks gorgeous while doing it.

--

Back on the book business... i recall college (two in fact), lugging around my backpack with at least 10 to 15 pounds of textbooks. (Everyone remembers that... even in highschool). I can see that -- in the future -- those backpacks will get a lot smaller, as everyone will eventually be purchasing those bulky textbooks in electronic form. Perhaps the iPad is not quite ready for prime time... but, it's a good start.

--

>>The iPad does not multitask.

I think the current speculation is that: when the new iPhone gets released this summer, there will be an accompanying version 4.0 software update... and the iPad (as well as certain 3g iPod/iPhones ???) will be able to do some form of multitasking with that newer OS.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 01/29/10 09:27 AM.