I'll check it out.

I used to get Mad TV up here in the Great White North, but I was never enthralled by it, because the humor/sketches seemed really forced.

And I'm a child of Mad (the magazine, before it became essentially a graphic 'novel'), as well as all the other E.C. mags (which were ultimately banned in the USA, ca 1954).

I still have (literally at hand) my membership certificate in The National E.C. Fan-Addict Club which reads:
"in solemn recognition of his/her/its stubborn, hopeless, and pitiful addiction to E.C. magazines, does hereby grudgingly bestow on [me] a Life Membership, together with such rights, privileges, and benefits (be they what they may) which ordinarily accompany such membership (be that what it may)."
Signed "Melvin", President, National E.C. Fan Addict Club, Room 706, 225 Lafayette Street, New York 12, New York.

I sold all my E.C. mags 20 years later and bought a Volvo 142E with the proceeds. (Had I waited another 20 years or so, that first issue of Mad magazine would have worth over $10,000. Hoo hah! [The latter also a reference to the first story in that first issue.])
(Too much information, I know, but how's that grab you?)

That must be wonderful; I have no idea what it means.
— Molière