In response to joemikeb's request for further input regarding this idea...

The lack of such a template is something I've lamented for years, because I've seen assistance to countless posters delayed because their original posts didn't include machine/OS specs or other necessary info.

What I would like to see, therefore, is a page to which posters would be directed when they click on "New Topic" which would solicit info to be included in their posts in an easily readable format.

The most difficult part of setting up such a page (that I can envision) will be laying it out and wording it in a manner that will neither be off-putting because of its complexity nor cause posters embarrassment about their lack of knowledge, but I'm certain that can be dealt with.

The page would request, in table rather than narrative form, and with *specific* questions, info about a poster's Mac, the OS it is running, and the troubleshooting steps the poster has taken on hir own. (It would also include, when appropriate, directions to posters for obtaining answers.)

That list is bare-bones and needs to be expanded; all are encouraged to express their opinions and append their thoughts.

PS: In addition to being beneficial to both posters and responders such a page would decrease necessary FTM server storage space and bandwidth usage.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire