I suspect that your real thoughts might (Edit: understandably) have been less kind and less gentle than "bemused," so some context is in order...

I was drawn to look in /Library/Receipts when, while trying to blast through an installation of Snow Leopard, the 10.6.2 Combo hung at "Writing Receipt" (or some-such).

Since SL's /Library/Receipts rather deceptively includes BSD.pkg and a db folder, as does Leopard's, my rushed reaction to the hang was to overlook the lack of .pkgs other than BSD and focus on the missing boms folder, i.e. create one.

Needless to say, my next attempt to install the Combo was successful, but when the receipt wasn't where I expected it to be I realized that, duuuh, it's not just the boms folder, but everything that should be in it, that's missing, and I posted here.

(Perhaps MMT3's post should have its own thread? Its placement in the middle of a DiskWarrior thread is hardly conducive to getting its message across.)

Last edited by artie505; 01/24/10 08:14 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire