Well, as you know, the science that underlies any decent poll is generally absent on the internet, and this poll is no exception. The choices are an entirely arbitrary division of reality, the sample is minuscule and unrepresentative of Mac users as a whole, and the poll's author has a horse in the race.

That said, it's not surprising to me that the clear majority of responders weren't SnapBack users; I suspect that, like me, folks who developed techniques for opening links in new tabs before SnapBack existed saw no need for it.

Among other things, it didn't exist on other browsers; those of us who habitually make use of multiple browsers and prefer, insofar as possible, to utilize a single, universal set of interface behaviors across them, are disinclined to embrace features which require paying attention to which browser we're in at the moment.

This is why it bugs me so much that Safari's Stop/Reload button must now reside at the right end of the address bar: in every other browser I've used over the past five years, I've grouped all the navigation-related buttons to the left of the address bar.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors