> Okay... now let me try to have you rethink your keyboard shortcuts then: do not choose simple (single modifier) combinations.

[....]

So... for creating keyboard shortcuts to launch apps, etc., use ctrl-shift (or ctrl-command, or command-shift, or ctrl-option, or ctrl-option-command, etc) for your modifiers.

(Thanks for the links.)

You're right on the mark, and your points are well taken, but...

When I was setting up my Butler configuration I got a whole bunch of pop-ups warning me that I might be stepping on something or other's toes, but, wanting to keep everything as simple as I could, I elected to face the consequences as they arose, and in the more than seven years since I made the decision only two commands have turned around and bitten me, i.e. command-], the loss of which is of no consequence to me, and ^-C, the loss of which, as I've noted, can be overcome with ^-option-C. (As a mater of fact, I've reset Calq's trigger to ^-C.)

Bottom line is I simply don't have enough need for the functionality presented in your linked doc (which, although it's an eye-opener for me, is not likely to change my computing habits very much, if at all) to start changing my triggers.

> Must be a really tiny home folder, or a really (really!) fast Mac... or both.

Code:
Artie-s-Computer-4:~ artie$ time du -sh ~
233M	/Users/artie

real	0m0.162s
user	0m0.011s
sys	0m0.077s
Artie-s-Computer-4:~ artie$

Most of what would normally be in one's home folder is located in a separate partition on my deuced Mac(hina).

Thanks for your invaluable (as always) feedback. smile

Edit: Rerun after clearing Safari's cache and Microsoft User Data (which I have no idea what it is, nor does its loss ever seem to make any kind of difference)...

Code:
Artie-s-Computer-4:~ artie$ time du -sh ~
 59M	/Users/artie

real	0m0.049s
user	0m0.010s
sys	0m0.038s

Last edited by artie505; 01/17/10 12:26 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire