Originally Posted By: tacit

There are some more likely scenarios; your friend might be infected with a virus, or might be using an IP address that had virus-infected computer on it at some point in the past, or your friend's computer might be on an IP range that's been a "bad neighborhood" in the past, or even the anti-spam software could simply be wrong.

Curiouser and curiouser........

It appears that whatever is causing the ISP filter to tag the emails may be connected to a GIF. Does that sound right to you?

Info Revision: I was incorrect in saying that the emails originated on a laptop using Parallels. With the exception of the Blackberry mail, they were sent from a desktop Windows machine at a company that has firewalls and virus detection software.

Except for being different machines, the emails in the following scenarios have the same origination.

1. I arranged for two other people to send test emails and they both arrived without being tagged.

2. The original Sender could only think of one thing that has changed in their mail set-up. The signature GIF has been changed (as in replaced, not altered).

Therefore I asked for two test emails - one with the new GIF attached and one without. The first was tagged and the second was not.

So, it appears that the GIF is the problem and also that it is one for the company to fix, so "over to them".

I don't mean to be a pain but I still wonder about the GIF. If I (or anyone else) wanted to create a GIF to dress up our email, is it possible to create it in such a way that it causes ISP spam filters to think there's something wrong with the mail?

ryck

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C