I've begun receiving emails that my ISP is tagging as "Suspected Junk Email". However, they are not junk but are emails from someone I have corresponded with for a long period of time at the same address. The identification as "junk" was sporadic to start, but is now more regular.

I suggested to the ISP that their Spam Filter may be running amok and they responded that the e-mails being tagged as spam must contain some element that exists on their content filter’s database. These elements will be something like originating IP address, phone number, email address, domain name or image file.

They said there would be a key element in the emails that are being tagged as spam and that person ends up on this list by sending emails to "honeypot" email addresses that should never receive emails from anyone as they are not published anywhere, or they are being reported as spam by other people.

What is a "honeypot" email address?

ryck

Last edited by cyn; 01/07/10 07:10 PM. Reason: Topic moved from the Lounge to the Networking forum.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C