My wife recently began having printing problems on her DP 800, 10.4.11. The printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R340.

The printer is connected directly to my computer. My wife prints via my Print Sharing. Our computers are hard-wired via a router.

On the wife’s DP 800, when a print command is given from either the Menu or keyboard, the print dialogues appear as usual. When allowed to proceed, the printer wakes from its sleep and goes through its “initialization” process as usual. All sounds and lights appear normal -- as if the printing were imminent. Then, the printer goes back to its sleep mode.

I can print fine, so I know the printer works OK.

What is so befuddleing to me, is that my wife can print a Word document, but not Mail or Safari, or TextEdit.

When I check the printing status of a failed print, I get: “/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpII failed”

I have Googled about and have seen that others have experienced this fault, but as yet, I have not found a fix.

• I have restarted both computers and the printer
• I ran DiskWarrior (no problems)
• I Safe Booted
• I created a new User Account (still can’t print)
• I removed and then re-added/selected the printer

Alas, no joy in Pendragon land-

Might one of the wizards here ‘bouts have a fix? A new wife is just not in the budget…

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire