Small publishing company. We convert our finished pages to PDF, burn them onto a CD, a courier picks up the CD and the art-work (belt+braces). That's how our publication gets printed by The Printer-Man.

Before The Massive Migration Away From OS9 (see posts passim) we PDF'd our finished pages using Adobe Acrobat. Er, that got lost in the migration. No worries, I thought, OSX does Print-to-PDF.

Fortunately, one day ahead of Press Day, I emailed some test pages to The PrinterMan.

He reported back that our new PDFs had all the apostrophes stripped out. Fortunately he noticed this from a headline......and he said he fixed it at his end by converting my PDF to an EPS file. Apostrophes restored.

He then couriered me over a copy of some software called Jaws pdf creator, which I've just installed, and made a PDF using that instead of the in-built function, and have emailed the result back to him.

There's not much time to go on this one: tomorrow night, Tuesday, is Press Night = DEADLINE.

Questions: has anyone here heard of this Jaws s/ware? Why does the in-built OSX (Tiger) print-as-PDF function perform badly compared with Acrobat? (apostrophes stripped out)?

Sorry to be a pesky nuisance. Thanks for any knowledgeable replies.