Originally Posted By: kevs
Jon, thanks, I just downloaded driver from website, but everything looks same even the driver number (Guten 5.2.3) whatever that means.
I also have a Brother and Canon, which work fine, but are also missing utilities.
That may be the problem. You seem to be using a Gutenprint driver, not an Epson driver. I had the same thing when I upgraded to 10.6. See this thread for details. FYI, Gutenprint provides drivers for many printers that may be unsupported in 10.6 but, obviously, your Epson is.

See if any of the things in that thread are of use to you. Here's what I would do:

1. Repair permissions and run Repair Disk with Disk Utility (see these instructions). Better yet, use Disk Warrior (if you have it) instead of using Disk Utility's Repair Disk.
2. Reset the printing system. Note: You will lose any presets that you may have created so you'll have to redo them.
3. Reinstall the drivers that you downloaded from Epson and reselect the printer in the Print & Fax preference pane.

That may solve it. Good luck and Happy New Year. smile

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365