> If your MacBook uses "shared" video and system RAM, then bad memory from Crucial could indeed be the culprit.

Indeed it does:
Quote:
Graphics and video support:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory(3)

(3) Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.

That leaves me in the nasty position of having to swap out DIMMs with absolutely no idea of how long an issue-free period I have to go through before I can be certain that my deuced Mac(hina) actually is issue-free.

So, with hindsight, and after digesting the responses to my post, I'll say that the excessive fan running (The fans running when my HD temperature was lower than that at which they normally ran. [It's nowhere near out of the question that a spider got inside my deuced Mac(hina) and spun itself a little web.]) and the "blue" were the first two symptoms to appear (as well as the recurring ones), and that since the fans have reverted to their normal state I'm going to allow the status to remain quo and see what, if anything, happens next.

Hmmm...

I think the most important thing for me to do is buy extended AppleCare before my year is up.

Thanks, guys, for your insights.

(I'll post back if there are any further developments, but this is one instance in which no news will, truly, be good news.)

Last edited by artie505; 12/22/09 10:49 AM. Reason: Rewrote "With hindsight"

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire