My Early 2009 White MacBook/2.0GHz Core 2 Duo/4Gb RAM/OS X 10.5.7 (Build 9J61) has experienced a laundry list of symptoms...

1. This has now happened 5 or 6 times, always after I've been using my deuced Mac(hina) steadily for several hours, it has always happened while I was visiting FTM, and I've been unable to see any evidence of it on any other website:

I click to an FTM page, and rather than my expected theme ("ubbthreads_finetunedmac") I see only shades of blue. (It would actually make a great theme.)

If I take a screenshot it's blue.

If I upload the screenshot the thumbnail is blue, although the rest of the upload page is not.

If I link to the upload it's blue.

But... All indications of the blue disappear after I restart, and it's like it was never there in the first place...like it was an overlay on my screen (like the cursor) that I could see but not capture in an image, even one burned to a CD. (I may have to buy a digital camera to document this.)

2. This happened once. (The yellow appeared in every pane of Mail's preferences.)

I remember hitting an off-the-wall key combo (which had nothing to do with the color wheel) immediately before it happened, but I've been unable to reproduce the effect nor have I found any references to it.

3. I experienced a kernel panic while I was listening to iTunes over AirTunes, with Safari, Mail, and, possibly, Excel open. (It may be the first kernel panic I've ever experienced...certainly the first one since Jaguar.)

4. My MacBook's hinge occasionally gets so hot that it's almost too hot to touch, but I have yet to connect this to symptom #1.

I ran my Apple Hardware Test disc in "Loop Mode" for 18 hours/12 passes with no reported errors. (The fans were blowing full-blast directly at the hinge, so even if it had been inclined to overheat I doubt that it could have done so.)

I'm prepared to do an erase and install, but I'd rather not waste a day if it will be non-productive.

Does anybody see any connection between any of the symptoms? (Could they possibly be related to the Crucial RAM I installed about 2 months before the first occurrence of symptom #1?)

Thanks for any insights or help.

Addendum: I recently went through a period of several months during which my fans ran more than they had been running at the same temperature; that has now stopped...I think since I ran AHT for 18 hours.

It could it be that the extended running of the fans blew out some accumulated dust, but could there be some other, possibly connected, reason?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire