When I clicked to your post my room immediately began filling with smoke, and all that was left after I opened a coupl'a windows and cleared the air was...

Quote:
Since this thread-within-a-thread is clearly off-topic by pretty much any definition, though, let's not continue it here.

Let's get real... Bensheim hijacked his own thread (It has still not reached its logical conclusion.), and, in the process, changed a relatively uninteresting (in my opinion, anyhow) thread with a totally uncaptivating name into an interesting one (and I mean interesting content as well as of general interest) with the same totally uncaptivating name.

As a result, any number of visitors to FTM may never (have) look(ed) at the thread, and any number of others may (have) look(ed) at it but never see(n) the interesting stuff at the bottom of the page.

(How can my initial question can be considered off-topic when it was the logical first response to "My trusty old G4 when switched on, displayed the Question Mark instead of booting up. Couldn't find a bootable disk. OH MY GAHHHHDD!?")

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire