I'm like ryck ... I enjoy a nice cuppa joe, in fact several, when I approach the day, starting off online.
I generally make 2 half-pots of drip coffee (re freshness criterion) in a 12-cup coffee maker. I had a Proctor-Silex Coffee-Magic 12-Cup Automatic Drip Coffeemaker for 20+ years – a Consumer Reports best buy – before it gave up the ghost.
I'm now using a Black & Decker SmartBrew 12-Cup Coffeemaker, Model DCM2000 – with equally good results.
Given the amount of coffee I drink, I developed a caffeine addiction which resulted in migraine-like headaches if I went over 12 hours without caffeinated coffee. Bummer. So I've had to shift to my preferences.
As for coffee, I buy arabicas off the shelf, ie commercially ground and roasted and packaged in hermetically sealed tins My preference is for espresso or dark roast. I mix caffeinated and (water-extraction) decaffeinated in equal amounts to achieve lower caffeine levels without disturbing my taste buds.

As for those of you who like Starbucks or Tim Hortons, look closely at the stuff they're selling for take-home. You'll see shiny bits among the ground coffee. Those coffees are highly adulterated with the aim of addicting to their taste. 'Nuff said.

That must be wonderful; I have no idea what it means.
— Molière