Originally Posted by joemikeb
Cookies is only one of the ways Remember me can be implemented, and I know that FTM cookies have a relatively short (30 day) expiration date. Although I have no experience with Chase, I do have on-line accounts with multiple financial institutions and while all of them at one time did Remember me, I just made a quick check, and none of them, currently Remember me. While I haven't paid any particular attention to whether or not those sites remembered me, I BELIEVE that change has taken place this year and corresponds to significant site upgrades and increased site security arrangements including required two-factor authentication.

My point being, the change may be the result of financial institutions finally getting serious about site security and have nothing whatsoever to do with Safari or Cookie? confused
First, I'll note that the last time I looked, MacUpdate's cookies expired after only (a ridiculous) 7 days, and if I remember correctly, you posted a while back that there's been a recent push for shorter cookie lives than have historically been used.

I don't think my issue's got anything to do with strengthened security, though, because FTM has made no changes other than shortening the lives of its cookies (nor has ryck, who's still running Cookie, run into my issue).

Of the websites at which I've had problems, my FTM and PayPal problems go away when Cookie goes away, and my Chase Bank problem occurs only when I clear cache.

Here's a four month history of my FTM cookies, and as you can see there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to their disappearance.

I wonder if many of the sites that don't remember you are simply the result of your not having visited them for so long that their cookies expired?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire