Ok, I'll admit up front that I'm a cranky, but nice, old man. In September 2012 I bought a new 55" Samsung LED TV. Opened the box, took it out, plugged it in, plugged in the cable box, turned it on and watched TV.

Almost everything is steamed these days so I bought a new Samsung 65" 'Smart TV'. I'm pretty sure it is way smarter than I am. The manual that comes with it is 3 pages, you have to down load the 'real' manual, 50+ pages. The damn thing talked to me, every time I pushed a button it would vocally confirm what I did and occastionally ask if I really wanted to do that. Working through the setup I had to open an account with Samsung and that required an email verification. Then it had to verify my phone number via text. After that there were several more text verifications for various things, almost none of which I understand or want. It took me hours to get the damn thing set up so I could actually watch TV, and that's not even counting the picture and sound preference. It is supposed to be voice controlled, by speaking into the remote, but I haven't even looked at that part yet. I finally found a way to turn off the damn voice, I was about to box the TV up and return it if I had to listen to that all the time.

Sometimes I think the 'good old days' were really better.