Joe, I did not require to boot up my computer Only my iPad. I did have to rent a "pod" which is made in the US by a company called plume. They are hexagonal in shape and plug in to an electrical outlet without blocking the other half.
They are preconfigured to work with BELL'S modem. I believe the term modem & router are synonymous. I reset my modem simply by unplugging it for about 30 seconds as you are probably aware. My S/Ws are by 'Meross' and only work on 2.4GHz band.
I had my iPad already hooked up to my WiFi for my neighbour who took my iPad to my breaker panel where I have (1) S/W and then into my garage where I have the other (2( S/Ws. Initially he had already installed a new breaker S/W on my panel.
Apart from the new circuit, the only difference is the Pod. I only have (1) but as many as (4) can be used depending on your situation. I don't think what I've said is of much or any help to you.

jaybass

OS 13.6.6 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4. SuperDuper. 1 TB Lacie HD