Thanks Joe for all that information. It certainly gives me food for thought.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
I have no idea what any all
Originally Posted by plantsower
of those things that Apple removed from the MacBook.
are, but the iPad doesn't have an optical disk drive, hard drive, touchbar, or Thunderbolt port, It does have a USB Type C connector for power and external USB device connectivity, but there is only one. Data entry is via your choice of a mechanical keyboard with a MacBook-like trackpad, voice dictation, handwriting recognition and drawing using an Apple Pencil. Control can be your choice of fingertip gestures, Apple Pencil gestures, or trackpad gestures, and connectivity via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, or cellular connections. It also has an excellent camera (albeit not up to the resolution available on the iPhone 14 Pro). Personally, I don't know which is more frustrating, trying to use finger gestures on my Studio's monitor (I am always having to clean off the fingerprints) or forgetting that I can use the trackpad on the iPad's keyboard, and it always takes a few minutes to re-calibrate my brain to the device. Fortunately, I have a trackpad on my Studio so the gestures are just about the same between the two devices.) When I am relaxing in my chair, I find I often remove the mechanical keyboard, cradel th iPad in my arms (that sounds weird, but it is accurate) and use the Apple Pencil and Script for input. IPadOS's simplicity does require some re-thinking to perform familiar tasks, but there are any number of routine macOS tasks that are superfluous and quickly forgotten.

Obviously I am a fan of the iPad, but it is not for everyone. However, based on your questions and issues over the years, I suspect you would quickly be better served with an iPad.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8