Maybe I will think about that the next time one of my Macs goes south. I guess I could get used to their smaller size. I remember when I went to a friend's house and she had an iPad. I thought I could easily work it without instructions because I had a Mac. Couldn't be that different, right? But all the swiping caught me off guard, and I couldn't figure it out. Also, I type a lot with my Mac in my lap. I'm not sure that would work with an iPad with a built in digital keypad. Or if I could attach one it wouldn't sit solidly on my lap. So, there's that.

With that being said, I do have a choice to get an iPad, but it doesn't have any of those things that Apple removed from the MacBook, does it? If that's the case, I can't see the point of me getting one. Cheaper is fine, but more inconvenient is not.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
I just think we should have a choice. Not everyone wants to upgrade and then have to pay for dongles because they decide to remove certain things like ethernet ports, ear phone ports for those that aren't into bluetooth (I am). They could have all the fancy stuff for people who want it and have some basic products for those who like things the way they are. Maybe not the best business model but more ethical and client friendly. Whatever happened to those values?

Apple does offer a choice, the iPad and iPad Pro. They are lighter, less expensive, have longer battery life, are simpler to use, arguably more secure, and offer features not available on the Mac such as forward and backward facing cameras, Apple Pencil compatibility, and cellular networking.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8