OS 10.14.6 Today my mouse disappeared and when I pressed the space bar, the page I was viewing went up and down. I tried charging my mouse twice but could not recover my mouse. I phoned my son who after querying the problem said I should hold down the command & control button plus shutting down the computer. This produced a black screen along with the sound of being rebooted. After doing this three times, I still didn't have my mouse. A window said to make sure my mouse was discoverable...without the mouse, I couldn't do it. I then shut off the power to everything and after about 30 seconds, I switched it back on again, I could see that my router was rebooting/recharging. I then did the command & control thing and this time upon rebooting, I regained my mouse. Question: What happened that caused my mouse to disappear? I've the mouse disappear before but not to this extent...any comments?

jaybass

OS 13.6.6 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4. SuperDuper. 1 TB Lacie HD