Originally Posted by joemikeb
I will be interested to know if there is any change in behavior since you deactivated Cookie. I would posit that the “Remember Me” cookies are simply the ones you are aware of disappearing because they are the most obvious. There could easily be any number of cookies being deleted and later being recreated, unless you actively audit all of your cookies at the beginning and ending of each on-line session.
Update: I quit Cookie for a full month, and my “Remember Me” cookies remained in place for their prescribed 30 day life. Then, 10 days after I restarted it, my FTM cookies disappeared along with my PayPal and Ally Bank cookies (which have also been problematic, but, I think, unmentioned).

I'm going to let Cookie run another cycle before contacting its dev who hasn't been very responsive in quite a while.

I believe you're correct about other cookies disappearing, and I've tried auditing my PayPal and Ally cookies, but it's too complicated a job, so the best I can say is that I'm almost certain that some other cookies do disappear, but I can't pin down which ones.

If you're really into frustration, try following MacUpdate cookies which, for some bizarre reason, expire weekly. tongue

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire