I just saw this on the SuperDuper website. Does this include the SD card I just bought? If so, he doesn't call it that. I guess what I'm asking is "is that slot for my SD card called a firewire drive?"

Intel Mac users can boot from USB 2, USB 3, Thunderbolt or FireWire driv
es.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
Unless S/D is intuitive about it like it was the other day when it gave me a choice to push a button to change the format to ..... Can't remember the initials. Anyway, I copied and pasted your directions for future use. I ordered the SD card last night. Now I need to purchase S/D for I can have automatic scheduling for backup.

SD cards, and Thumb drives invaribly come from the factory with a Master Boot Record partition scheme and formatted MS-DOS (FAT 16). However, Disk Utility can easily erase the existing partition scheme and reformat them HFS+ or APFS with A GUID partitioning scheme. Assuming Super Duper uses Apple's cloning utility (the only way to create a bootable clone of the later versions of macOS), erasure and reformating is an inescapable result of the cloning process and cannot be prevented.

Last edited by plantsower; 11/26/22 02:39 AM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8