It's been so long since I've backed up my Mac (I know, I know) that I've forgotten how to use SuperDuper! I read instructions but still got confused.

I attached my external drive and erased it because it had stuff I never refer to anymore. I wanted to start fresh.

Maybe I need to reformat it for a mac. I believe I had to do that originally. It's a WD my passport. What do you think?

I went through the process of going through DiskUtility and selecting my external drive. I guess I used some wrong buttons because I got this showing up. Disk Utility. I selected all that I wanted off of there and clicked "erase." It still shows up.

I want to be able to get rid of whatever doesn't belong here on the left side and start fresh to just add one folder called Catalina when I'm done.

I don't know why I have a "container." Maybe something I did way back.

The owner of SuperDuper tried to help, but as always, everything went over my head. You guys know how to "talk down to me" so I can understand. You notice I didn't say talk to me like a 3rd grader because nowadays they would know why to do!

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8