Originally Posted by joemikeb
  1. Safari and Safari Technology Preview use the same preference file(s), cookies, extensions, bookmarks, autofill data, password database, etc.
  2. The only difference between the two is the actual executable, which includes the version of WebKit *¹ *².
I installed STP, and although it has found my extensions and password database, it is not finding my cookies or bookmarks.

I hope there's a setting I've missed, because while my cookies will grow back on their own, I've got absolutely no inclination to replicate my bookmarks.

Rats! Although STP has found my extensions and password database, It has not found my cookies or bookmarks.

The cookies are no big deal, because they'll grow back eventually, but I"ve got absolutely no inclination to replicate my bookmarks.

I tried replacing STP's bookmarks plist with Safari's - shut down and restarted for good measure - but no luck....DEAL BREAKER! frown

Does Safari Beta sound like a viable alternative?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire