Originally Posted by artie505
As an aside, how does your response jive with
Surf seamlessly with iCloud. Safari Technology Preview works with iCloud, so you can access your latest Safari Favorites, bookmarks, and Reading List.
Wouldn't I first have to check both Safari and STP in System Settings > Internet Accounts > iCloud?

1. Safari and Safari Technology Preview use the same preference file(s), cookies, extensions, bookmarks, autofill data, password database, etc.
  2. The only difference between the two is the actual executable, which includes the version of WebKit *¹ *².
  3. There is no provision in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud for Safari Technology Preview *³
  4. iCloud only gets involved when the settings are shared between different devices. This enables Safari & Safari Technology preview on my Mac to share the same settings, bookmarks, autofill data, and password data with Safari on my iPhone and iPad.
  5. Cookies and extensions are unique to each device, regardless of what is checked in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud.

1. NOTE: several apple and third-party apps, including Mail, share the version of WebKit in Safari on macOS.
  2. All browsers on iOS & iPadOS, including Brave, Chrome, and Firefox use the WebKit in Safari.
  3. There is no version of Safari Technology Preview for either iOS or iPadOS

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein